Didn't It Rain

Periodic Rants of a Red-Haired Drama Freak.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Settling In

Today was very relaxing and I didn't do all that much. Finished another book for school that was pretty bland (as my friend Lisa had warned). I did go up to Camden Town for a little while to sell records. I made just enough for the drinks I had later on so it was perfect. Camden reminded me a little too much of Haight Street or the St. Mark's in the East Village. But I got to check out some really cool record stores so that was fun.

I went to Pie's store today in Islington. It was really cool and they sell lots of cute things. It is kind of like that store Therapy in SF. I saw this sort of rubber radio and freaked out for it. Wish I could get it. :(

The highlight of the day was watching the Glastonbury footage on the BBC tonight. They showed Rufus Wainwright's and Arcade Fire's concerts in their entirety. They were super super good, especially Arcade Fire. It REALLY made me want to see them live asap. Hopefully I can do that. I also really love their new songs and wish I had put that on my IPod before coming over here. Sigh...

Tomorrow is my powerhouse writing day for this stupid paper. I absolutely must bang it out by 6pm tomorrow because I'm running out of time.

Upcoming fun: watching Grindhouse tomorrow night - a bootleg copy Pie bought off some Thai dude tonight; Lezzy-oke on Sunday night. (that's karaoke with lezzies) I'm sure to blow the doors off the place.

Cheerio!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a good time. I'll see you there on Sunday!

Kerri :)

10:28 PM  
Blogger Bushwick Hideaway said...

those london lezzies are gonna freak out the window when they hear you sing heart. wish i was there to blow em' away with my rousing rendition of gold lion! ha!

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home