Didn't It Rain

Periodic Rants of a Red-Haired Drama Freak.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

London's Called - and I've Answered

Well, I'm here! I woke up this morning with the lovely London clouds and rooftops out my window. I'm staying with Pie here in Clerkenwell which is very close to where we'll be staying once school gets started. Today we're going to walk around, go to soho and maybe do the slides at the Tate. :) I'll be sure to bring my camera along for the adventure. Which reminds me I forgot to buy a battery...ugh.

My travel yesterday was quite long, especially since I was traveling solo. I got up at 4am to be at the airport at 5 for my 7am flight. It was disgusting! But everything was fine and the flight was dull. The movies were awful. Don't watch Number 23. I turned it off and I was a captive audience! :) Got lots of sleep on the plane and am reading the new book by Khaled Houseni 0 the guy who wrote the Kite Runner. It's really good - totally recommend.

When we got to London, apparently there had been some "weather" so we had to circle the airport for a half hour. I'd never experienced that before and let me tell you I hated it. It freaked me out to turn sharp turns over and over through scary clouds no less. Of course the chipper woman behind me was like (in her Brit accent) oh isn't that lovely, oh look at those... I was like shut up bitch I am freaked out here! But we landed and after a customs snag, I was allowed into the motherland.

Last night Pie greeted me with a yummy dinner of fish cake and asparagus. Have you ever had fish cake? It's so good!!! It's kind of like a salmon croquette (which is something my mom used to make in the 70s) but way better. Lightly breaded and baked in the oven. Take that doubters, my first British meal was quite good! Hmph!

Better sign off. Love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home