Didn't It Rain

Periodic Rants of a Red-Haired Drama Freak.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Next Stop, Bible Belt

Howdy y'all,
Just a quick note to say that Lesley and I are leaving for Arkansas bright and early tomorrow. We're looking forward to a week of relaxing times by the pool and a general escape from Manhattan. Here's what I hope to experience.

Not thousands of yellow cabs but thousands of trees.
Not buildings oppressing me but clear blue skies.
Not my neighbor's stupid music at all hours but the sound of crickets and other critters.
Not the sweaty subway platform but the sweaty diving board.
Not people bumping into me but no one around for miles.

We're going hiking one day which should be the exact amount of nature we need to balance the scales. Lesley and I really are city people, but there comes a time when a Southern meal and a screened-in porch is the only thing that'll put a smile on your face.

I'll write more from home. Later, y'all...

1 Comments:

Blogger Lacy said...

Oh, good. I was afraid you already left town. As my voicemail said, I'm sorry I've been MIA. But I will better at return calls and I'm ready to hangout when you get back.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home