Didn't It Rain

Periodic Rants of a Red-Haired Drama Freak.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Total. Crap.

Man. I don't even know what to say about Spiderman 3. My friend Tyson and I saw it tonight and I was kind of blown away by it. And not in a good way. It's as if the producers just threw in ever single cheesy movie ploy and no one edited them. The writing was cringe-inducing, the acting was ridiculous. Everyone in the movie was crying - what's with that?! And at one point, Spiderman did a dance number right out of some bastardized version of Cabaret. It was just hideous. But, we still managed to have fun cuz we were in the movies nicely suspending our thoughts of everyday life. It was refreshing to sit and be "entertained" for three hours and forget about the past semester. BUT, approach with caution.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My roommate just told me they're working on Spiderman: The Musical for Broadway... sounds like total crap, right?

Until you hear that Julie freakin' Taymor is directing it. Now you kind of want to see it, don't you?

That's sad about the movie, I was looking forward to it. Now I'm just looking forward to the Cabaret-inspired dance number!

9:03 AM  
Blogger andipie said...

go see "the lives of others"--freakin great

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im glad i read yr blog. i was gonna go see this on my movie day this week. i kind of knew it was gonna be bad. looks like ill be seeing 28 weeks later. its got to be better!

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that last message was me by the way. i got to read yr blog now...especially since i know you read mine.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home