Didn't It Rain

Periodic Rants of a Red-Haired Drama Freak.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Sing, Sing a Song

So I've decided to make a return to nerdville. I auditioned for the NYU chorus.

Can I tell you how many choirs I was in? A lot. I started singing when I was about two. Formal choir started in 7th grade which lead to ensemble, madrigal singers and barbershop quartets. In so many words, I know it's not rock'n'roll, but I like it...So on Wednesday, I did something I haven't done in like 10 years - a vocal audition. I got my sheet music, I prepared, I stressed about sight-reading. It was just like 8th grade, you know what I mean? Anyways, to make a long story short, it went well, thankfully, and they said, "You'll be singing with us." How cute is that?

In other news, classes are basically over.*

*except dramatic activities! It's so annoying that we have to go back for that class this weekend. I'm not really looking forward to it, but hopefully it'll be fun. I'm more looking forward to drinking afterwards.

Lesley's birthday was a success. We went to Heathers which is a cool bar in the East Village. We ran into friend-of-friend, KimAnn, who was the DJ. It was really fun and lots of nice folks came out for it. We also had way yummy cupcakes from Crumbs. (ps - what's with NYC's obsession with cupcakes?!)

It was very sad last weekend when we couldn't make it up to Boston to see Andmon. We miss them SO much! But with finals and low fundage, we just couldn't swing it this time. Hopefully we will see them soon though.

Well, that's about all for now. Oh, I saw a D-celebrity today. That guy Jim from Shear Genius. Have you seen that show? He was walking his dog in Washington Square Park. In fact, 99% of the celebrities I've seen have been from Bravo shows! WTF?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home