Didn't It Rain

Periodic Rants of a Red-Haired Drama Freak.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Friday Night Drag


Friday night Lesley, Keala and his roomate Lisa & I went to a gay bar near our house. We didn't even know there was one around here and it turns out, it's a winner. First of all it's called O.W. - as in Oscar Wilde! He's been following me around apparently. It's mostly men, but that's kind of the way I prefer it. The best part, though, is Sade.

Sade is this incredible drag queen performer who sings on Friday nights. She's not one of these campy crazy drag queens. She is like the female impersonator Jennifer Hudson meets Frank Sinatra. Her voice was amazing!! And she did such random songs. She did a medley of Dreamgirls, then Cabaret, and then she floored me with Private Dancer. Later on in her set, she sang Imagine. That's one of Lesley's cry songs, and she said that as Sade sang it, tears were rolling down her face. We were also kind of drunk. :)

When we got home, Lesley broke another glass of water. LOL. And then she fell asleep on my shoulder while I watched Harry Potter on the pirated cabel til 3:30 a.m. It was a good night. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Bushwick Hideaway said...

thx for all the flattering descriptions of my behavior!
lol. that was a fun nite!

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home