Didn't It Rain

Periodic Rants of a Red-Haired Drama Freak.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!


I took a hiatus - one of nearly a year from this blog. I've had a crazy year and looking back over my old posts made me realize just how crazy it was. Last time I blogged I was riding a wave of stress and sadness. I had been accepted to NYU and we were planning the move. That was fantastic news that truly changed my life. On the flip side, a close friend passed away and my favorite band broke up. I was on a roller coaster that made me unable to write.
Things have calmed down for the most part, but not before our share of challenges and excitements. Lesley and I moved to New York in August during the middle of a massive heat wave. It was so hot that I sort of passed out on the street! School started and I fell in love with it. I feel confident and relieved that I made the right choice. I've also made a few good friends here which is great. Autumn in New York was magical; winter was sneaky. In December and January it got into the 60s, and suddenly February brought the bone-chilling cold we were waiting for. The mood changes here in the winter. We stoop over as we walk/run from door to subway to door, trying to escape the dagger wind. It's pretty crazy, but we made it. Now it is officially spring and I can't wait for the warmth again.
There's much more I could write about - Thanksgiving in Queens, Christmas in Little Italy, New Years running away from Times Square and St. Patrick's Day bagpipes streaming in my window. As April begins and the summer promises study abroad and amazing experiences I cannot yet imagine, I will try to document it here. Thanks for reading and enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home