Didn't It Rain

Periodic Rants of a Red-Haired Drama Freak.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

WHY IS THIS MAN HOT?


I don't know what it is about Pete, but I'm fascinated by him. It's not that I'm falling for that heroin glorification thing. I know he's a huge, awful mess, but I'm still paying attention, and so are most people who love gossip.

I have the new Babyshambles album and I put the first song, "La Belle et la Bette," on my Best of April '06 CD. It's a good song - what can I say? The album was produced by Mick Jones from the Clash, so the whole record kinda has that Clash vibe. There's even a full-on reggae track.

But the thing about Pete really isn't his music. I think it's his tragicness. He seems to be incapable of functioning. It's almost a Homer Simpson, bumbling innocence, you know? Unfortunately, if he doesn't get his shit together, he will be dead of an overdose soon. Just another unnecessary rock'n'roll death. I can't really see him giving up drugs though. Over the past few weeks, he's made headlines on a daily basis for his unabashed drug-induced behavior.

Let's all hope that he can manage to pull out of it. Or at least switch to less damaging stuff than crack and heroin. Maybe just some pills and liquor?

-ppoypp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home