Didn't It Rain

Periodic Rants of a Red-Haired Drama Freak.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Go See This Movie


Wow. So last night Lesley, Damon and I saw V for Vendetta, and I will say that it lived up to the hype I'd been hearing. I'd managed to totally shelter myself from trailers, commercials, reviews and most gossip in order to have my own fresh take on the film. For about 10 seconds in the beginning, Natalie Portman's accent really bugged me. (a notion that was also shared by Damon). After, that though, I was hooked in and believed and enjoyed pretty much ever second of it.
I guess you could call it a cross between Zorro and Phantom of the Opera, but to say that makes it sound kinda stupid. It's also a not-too-veiled and brutal chastising of the American government. The Brothers W seem to be warning us about the state of the nation and showed us a very realistic future.
An action movie that's fantasty based is a good way to get a point across, especially if it's got an anti-government slant. I'm sure that almost anyone I know will love this movie, especially younger people who are pissed off at George Bush and his cronies. SO GO SEE IT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home