Didn't It Rain

Periodic Rants of a Red-Haired Drama Freak.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Oscar Fun

Well, I for one am marginally happy about last night's Oscars. I am glad that Clooney won, even though I didn't see Syriana and it doesn't seem to be playing in SF anymore. His speech was a little slick, but he seems smart and fairly reasonable. I liked John Stewart a lot, especially his joke about Clooney and "good night and good luck."

My favorite moment on the hilarity scale was the performance of "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp." They really tried to dress that one up, didn't they? I mean, that last note that chick hit was all over the place! So freakin' funny!!

I pretty much know Reese would win, and I really do like her, so it's ok. However, Amy Adams was so good and I hope we see more of her soon. Philip Seymor got what he deserved, but I think Heath ran a close second.

The only real bummer was Brokeback not winning best picture. I knew Crash would win but I held out hope for the homos (and homo-friendlies) of the world. Even though it didn't win, it is a fantastic movie, and I hope that middle America bothers to watch it when it comes out on DVD. I know I plan on buying a copy.

Final Thought: Thank God the Academy decided to recognize all these non-mainstream movies. It was a really good year for film, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for 2006 to be even better. I know I am looking forward to V Is For Vendetta, at the very least.

I leave you with this photo. Dolly, I salute you!

2 Comments:

Blogger andipie said...

i hope you appreciate that i was running in the pouring rain to bring you chicken wings while dolly was playing! worth every minute of it!

10:56 PM  
Blogger Alisyn said...

dolly freaked my shit out, man. i think her smile might be surgically applied. do you think she's had any other work done?? :)

and did you catch how she mentioned that she was wearing $2 million worth of diamonds to ANYONE and EVERYONE who would listen?

o, dolly!

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home