Didn't It Rain

Periodic Rants of a Red-Haired Drama Freak.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Silver Dollar City, I Heart You

This one goes out to my Southern roots. Ladies and gents, step right up, have a seat and pull the bar down tight. You're about to go on an underground adventure. Hold tight, nothing to fear. But what's that whistle blowing? And that train light headed our way. Look out - FIRE IN THE HOLE!

And down we plunge into the best ride at Silver Dollar City - no the best ride anywhere! Most of the people that'll read this have never been to Silver Dollar City and probably never will. But I know some of you are out there. (Lacy, Heather, I'm talkin' to you) I loved Silver Dollar City as a kid. My dad took me there almost every summer, usually with cousin Brooke or my best friend Jason in tow. Never mind that I always got carsick on the country roads heading there. By the time we got to the front gate, I was ready for backwoods adventure and frisbee-sized funnel cakes.

Me and Lesley are heading back to Fort Smith in June for a much needed break from NYC. I'm trying to convince her to head to Branson with me so I can take a rollercoaster ride back into my childhood. She grew up next to Disneyland, so puny little Silver Dollar City ain't much to bargain with. Lesley, what if I promise you rock candy and a handmade leather belt? Homemade soap?? Fried apple pie??

Well if we for some reason don't get to go this time, I know Silver Dollar City will always be there like some kind of living memory. And if we do decide to go, I'll be the one sitting up front on Fire in the Hole with my arms raised high.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bushwick Hideaway said...

how long have you known me? all you have to do to rope me into going is tell me about the food!

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, fire in the hole rocks. And you better call me when you get to town. You won't believe how much my boys have grown. And I know you want to see my classroom in high-falutin' Alma. Love ya! Ophelia

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home