Didn't It Rain

Periodic Rants of a Red-Haired Drama Freak.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Wall of Stress, Be Gone!



Yesterday I awoke with a fervor - I knew it was time to beat back the weeds of procrastination that had been growing over my to-do list. It was time to face the daunting task of planning for this summer's financial aid crap. See, I'm totally scared of filling out forms - and it makes sense. The more forms I fill out, the more debt I rack up, which is very scary since I'm not used to having debt.

Last year, just filling out the FAFSA was a milestone because I knew that getting thousands of dollars in loans meant that I would one day (soon) have to start paying it back. I guess I'm afraid of the "man" - will the government come after me? Will I go bankrupt from all this? Will I be able to pay it? I realize there's a layer of irrational fear here, but that's what I'm dealing with.

SO yesterday I filled out the dang forms and things to get ready for this summer's round the world education-fest. I'm so excited! And if all things money go well, I'll be heading to London in June for three weeks to study Drama in Education with some of the leaders in the field. And did I mention it's in LONDON! And then in August, I will go to Brazil to study with Augusto Boal, inventor of Theatre of the Oppressed. I'm kind of speechless on that opportunity. I'm just a hick from Arkansas!! How did I get this lucky?

Anyway, just thought I would share. Cross your fingers for me. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home