Didn't It Rain

Periodic Rants of a Red-Haired Drama Freak.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Why God, Why?!

Yesterday my string of luck ran out. Lesley and I were walking down the street when she exclaimed, "Oh my God, you've got a gray hair!"

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??????????????

People, I have RED hair. Red haired people are not supposed to go gray! Like ever! At least that's what I've always been told by everyone throughout my entire life. Seriously, I have ALWAYS felt good about the fact that I will never get gray hair.

But there it was right in front of me. Lesley yanked it out of my head and there was this long white hair. WTF??!! I got so depressed about this. I mean I suddenly felt ten years older. It's just another small change that's happened to me since moving to NY.

Since August, I've also developed my first wrinkles. I am definitely not happy about that either. Also, I have mysteriously stopped being carded for drinks. So what, I've aged that much in less than a year? I get wrinkles and gray hair within a year?? I can't tell who to blame though. Is it New York or is it grad school? Either way, I'm pissed and I'm coming for you!

Lesley said maybe it was just a fluke. Maybe I'll just get "one or two" gray hairs. I know she's just trying to make me feel better. Probably by this time next year I'll be fully gray and using a walker!

Anyway, thanks for reading. Please send all hair dye c/o Old Lady, New York, NY.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bushwick Hideaway said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:32 PM  
Blogger andipie said...

seriously! Old lady Green has been going grey for years and you should see me now without dye...YIKES!

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home