Didn't It Rain

Periodic Rants of a Red-Haired Drama Freak.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

That Good Ol' Feeling - Sunburn - Is Back...

New York is a dream right now. 75 degrees and a light breeze. It's like wandering into heaven after several months of being trapped on Hoth. Yesterday was busy with fun things. Me, Adri and Lisa chatted around the NYU fountain for about an hour. I think that's when I got this nice rosy tone on my arms. Later on in the night I did a play reading and noticed my arms hurt. I looked down and they were beet red! I was like, oh no!! Sunburn?! After last week's rainstorm from hell, it's hard to imagine, but THANK GAWD Spring is here - at least for now...

In other really good news, I received a small scholarship from NYU for my study abroad program this summer. We had to write an essay talking about the programs and detailing our financial needs. I kept joking I was just going to write "please give me money." In fact, when I was finished with the essay - which had to be completed in under 500 words, I had three words left. I really wanted to just write I AM BROKE but I resisted. Anyway, I got the scholarship which doesn't cover tuition at all but it certainly helps. Now I can pay rent! Weeeeee!

Last night was really fun too, after the reading. A bunch of us went to Vol Du Nuit, conventionally known as Belgian Beer Bar. We had some yummy Leffe and I finally met my friend Stephanie's husband who I thought might have been make-believe up until this point. When I am with anyone from the cast of Gross Indecency, we always end up at Marie's Crisis and last night was no exception. There's just something so freakin' fun about belting showtunes with a hundred or so people who know all the words. Lesley dragged me out of there around 1am and we headed home to sleep and nurse my sunburn.

This afternoon/evening is Lacy's birthday - hopefully more adventures to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home