Didn't It Rain

Periodic Rants of a Red-Haired Drama Freak.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza

So something odd is going to happen this weekend. Something straight out of the 21st century. I am going to sing at my own father's wedding. It's his third and hopefully three's a charm for him. He called me up and asked me a couple of weeks ago and I said why not. It is probably going to be a little weird though all things considered. So I've been brushing up on my Beatles and Elton John and other classics of the 70s.

The good news is his new wife rules and said we could wear cut-offs to the wedding seeing as how it's on my dad's farm. I'm sure we'll be drunk all day. I plan to get up, swim, drink a beer, eat breakfast, swim, sing a song, drink another beer and then swim again. Then eat lots of BBQ. Good times and great oldies are in store for us and boy is Lesley lucky that she'll be by my side the whole time. :)

In other news, I leave for London in about two weeks or so. I'm getting so excited about it that I periodically get butterflies in my stomach. A whole month in London!! Can you imagine? The only downside is that Lesley won't be there which is going to be very hard on us. But we can make it - once you've been with someone for over six years you don't even notice when they're gone for a month. Right?????? :(

All I can say is that London better have Jeopardy because otherwise I won't know what to do with myself every day at 7pm. It's sort of a daily thing for us. I also need to remember how to order coffee there - it's always confusing. And don't get me started on the pound-dollar exchange rate. Let's just say pb&j will be a staple of my diet. I am excited about all the shows we're going to see. Finally, Blood Brothers! That show totally reminds me so much of high school. I kinda forgot all the songs, but maybe I can brush up before then.

BY THE WAY Spring Awakening is amazing. I know you all have heard a lot about it but seriously, it is good. And I know musicals, however embarrassing that might be. This is the best new one I have heard since Rent but I don't even listen to that. If you're in the city, go see it.

I'm out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home