Didn't It Rain

Periodic Rants of a Red-Haired Drama Freak.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Visitor Fun

It's hot in New York and has been for a few days. Sort of an introduction to summer. Remember me, it says. Well, I do remember well the dog days of last summer when we moved here to New York. We arrived in the middle of the biggest heat wave of the year and it just about killed us both. Coming from San Francisco into the 100 degree heat was a shock to both of our systems. And now after almost a year we still have that San Francisco mentality where we ask each other, are you sure it's not going to get cold later? In SF, you simply MUST leave the house with at least a sweater on every day of the year, no matter how beautiful it is outside. Here, it's 80 degrees when you wake up, 90 during the day, and 80 degrees again all night. Trust me, it is not going to get cold.

At least we've had our friend Kat in town to help us enjoy the heat. She arrived on Thursday and we've done lots of fun things since she got here. Some highlights include bowling at Lesley's new job, margarita's at that crazy Mexican restaurant, thai food in Queens, and lots of laughs. Yesterday we were supposed to go to the Astoria beer garden but when we showed up they were charging 10 dollars. I guess it was some sort of memorial day Czech fest, believe it or not. I tried to reason with the lady saying I couldn't afford to drink if I paid 10 bucks to get in, but she wasn't having it. Stupid Czech beeeatttch.

Today we're supposed to go to Coney Island. I've only been there once so I'm looking forward to seeing it again. The girls are still sleeping, but eventually I'll make some noise and wake them up so we can get on with the adventure. I forsee a day of laughs, cringing at the rides, bad food and long train rides. What could be more fun?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home