Didn't It Rain

Periodic Rants of a Red-Haired Drama Freak.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

London in Three and a Paper to Write

Doesn't that sound like a song title? Or is it just me? Yes, I leave for London in three days. That's like totally ridiculous. I'm really not ready - but I bet no one else is either!

I've been doing everything possible to avoid this paper I'm supposed to write. It's for my study abroad program that happens later this summer in Brazil. We're supposed to submit a 10 page paper on Boal's philosophies by July 1. For those of you who don't know, Boal is a theatre practician and philosopher. He invented the Theatre of the Oppressed, which is a radical action-based kind of theatre. Pretty much the opposite of what's on Broadway, and still very artistic. Anyway, like I said, I've been avoiding this paper because I feel totally out of the student mode. I'm on summer break, y'all!! To avoid it, I cleaned the house, changed a light bulb which involved perching precariously on the kitchen counter and then did the dishes. Lesley, you know it's bad when I do the dishes. :)

The good news is I've just finished making an outline. I think that's the only way I can tackle this paper. Sometimes I write an outline but a lot of the time I just start writing and it's usually pretty good. Anyways, all y'all teachers can tell your students that outlines really are helpful and important. ha ha

Today my friend Lacy is coming over and we're going to hang out and catch up on Arkansas stuff. I haven't seen him in a while and I'm excited to spend some time with him. Well, back to this crapola paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home