Didn't It Rain

Periodic Rants of a Red-Haired Drama Freak.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

See Ya Later, Nowhere

Just came back from my last night at Nowhere for a while. I missed it last week when we were in Arkansas. It's this place we go to on Sunday nights that serves two for one drinks, free popcorn and free pizza. It's basically a carb-fest, and we just love it! Many a Sunday, we have showed up hungry and grumpy and left full and happy. I don't know if there will be a place like that in London, but we'll see.

There are a few other things I'll probably miss about New York. I really love how the subway cars are air conditioned. That is ESSENTIAL in the New York summer, because man, it gets disgusting hot here. So hot that you feel sick and kinda freak out. I hear that the London subway system doesn't have AC and I don't know how I'm gonna stand that. In fact, I'm thinking of buying a cheap bike to get around town on so I can avoid the descent into purgatory (the tube). I will also miss hanging out in New York's various parks. I really love going to central park with Lesley and relaxing, or going to Union Square to read. And we also just recently discovered this hidden park by the FDR freeway! It's totally weird! There's a pedestrian bridge that goes over the freeway and you can sit on the edge of the east river and pretend you can see dead bodies floating in it. It's right out of the Sopranos or something. I also love how you can dine and drink outdoors in New York, but I bet you can in London, too.

I realize a lot of my writing lately has been focused on travel and comparison of the places I've lived/been too. Hopefully once I get settled in London, I can focus on something else. I talked to my friend Pie who will be housing me for the first few days. He said he would welcome me with a home-cooked meal and I almost shed a tear. He is such a sweetheart. Then he joked that it would be blood pudding and I nearly gagged. If you don't know already, blood pudding is fried pig's blood and I will most certainly NOT be eating that. Can you imagine?? Cheers, mate!

Update and note to Lesley: You are not a THING which is why you are not on this list, silly. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Bushwick Hideaway said...

don't forget the number one thing you will miss in new york...;)

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home