Didn't It Rain

Periodic Rants of a Red-Haired Drama Freak.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Today I want to talk about new music that's making me happy.

There's a new album by Tristeza called "A Colores." After the departure of James Lavalle, I didn't know what would happen to this band. (He went on to dedicate all of his time to the wonderful band, The Album Leaf) Well, Tristeza seems to have been reborn because this album is one of their best. If you love instrumental music like Tortoise or Don Caballero, you definitely need to check this out!

New band alert - Test Icicles. Say it out lound and you'll get it.
They are on Domino, the overseas label that brought us Clinic, Four Tet and Caribou. Test Icicles are the new Bloc Party - and by that I mean they are hot, young, skinny and sound like the Blood Brothers. Very good for dancing with a coctail and a fancy haircut.

Susumu Yokota - "Sakura"
I don't know how I missed this guy cuz he has several albums. He plays a hushed combination of IDM and instrumental indie. When there's no lyrics to mess things up, you can really get into the different layers of music. I guess this is how people feel about classical music, but I'm not really a fan. This is the new classical and I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home